Blogged by Ujihisa. Standard methods of programming and thoughts including Clojure, Vim, LLVM, Haskell, Ruby and Mathematics written by a Japanese programmer. github/ujihisa

Friday, June 12, 2009

A Problem with Skype in a Specific Room

One of my friends found a bug of Skype. Although he cannot write English well, he put his efforts into reporting on the bug to a skype user support forum.

http://www.kanasansoft.com/weblab/2009/06/skyperoom.html (in Japanese)

Hello.

I fond bug of function of "topic".
If "<" is put in the topic, the display becomes amusing.
It is not possible to make remarks with Windows.
In Mac, "&amp;" in topic is evaluated as "&".

His effort is great. Even though there are some awkward expressions, his message may be came across.

I'll show a correct of that report for the couse of his improvement.

> I fond bug of function of "topic".
I love a bug in the topic feature.
> If "<" is put in the topic, the display becomes amusing.
If there's "<" in a topic, the display will get crazy.
> It is not possible to make remarks with Windows.
The bug makes windows users unable to send any messages.
> In Mac, "&amp;" in topic is evaluated as "&".
In Mac, "&amp;" in a topic is displayed as "&".

Notes

  • "fond" is an adjective. "I'm fond" or just "I love" are better.

    • Maybe he had tried to write "found", but the fact that he loves bugs made me assured.
  • This is a bug report, therefore the first "Hello" is OK. If it's an email, he had to write "Dear Skype Developpers,"

You might find some awkward expressions in my correction. I'm glad to see your correction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers