Blogged by Ujihisa. Standard methods of programming and thoughts including Clojure, Vim, LLVM, Haskell, Ruby and Mathematics written by a Japanese programmer. github/ujihisa

Friday, June 19, 2009

Markdown with LaTeX with Beamer

First of all, I'll show the conclusion. Never use LaTeX via Markdown to make a presentation slide with Beamer.

I have too many reasons why you should not use it to write here. I spent all a day with it, and the only one thing I found was that it was a never ending maze.

Sure, Markdown syntax provides us to simple notation. It may make us happy. But, as a practical matter, it does not help us without we write wrappers for each something forever.

2 comments:

  1. Steven Sinclair provides an excellent counterexample to this
    conclusion:
    http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~sinclair/content/blog/using_markdown_for_beamer_presentations

    In short, Markdown+Pandoc+Beamer = easy presentation writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had known it when I wrote the article...

    ReplyDelete

Followers