This blog post is a note of a report about the current RubyGems 1.3.5 on Ruby 1.9 for myself (including both 1.9.1 and 1.9.2) without any good reproductions or the solutions.
When I did
rake192 spec on a directory which contains a Rakefile that uses
jeweler, I met an enormous errors (The suffix means the Ruby version on my machine.)
I've heard that anyhow
gem192 uninstall update-rubygems can solve the problem, so I did it. But after that, the
rake192 started to cause segfault!
The segfault is caused by a 1.9.2 marshal's bug which is already reported but not fixed yet. I gave up using 1.9.2, and then I decided to use 1.9.1 instead.
On 1.9.1 the results were exactly same except that it didn't cause a SEGV.
Downgrading RubyGems (failed!)
According to baroquebobcat,
$ gem uninstall rubygems-update $ gem install -v x.x.x rubygems-update $ sudo update_rubygems
does downgrade rubygems itself. So I did them with some trivial changes, but it failed again. The following is the result:
$ update_rubygems191 <internal:gem_prelude>:344:in `method_missing': undefined method `bin_path' for Gem:Module (NoMethodError) from /Users/ujihisa/rubies/bin/update_rubygems191:19:in `<main>'