Blogged by Ujihisa. Standard methods of programming and thoughts including Clojure, Vim, LLVM, Haskell, Ruby and Mathematics written by a Japanese programmer. github/ujihisa

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Attending RubyConf 2009

Now I'm staying at a hotel near San Francisco Airport where RubyConf 2009 will be held on Nov 19 to 21 and JRubyConf on Nov 22 as well.

As an attendee

This is my first time to attend a conference not in Japan. I had lived in Vancouver, Canada for a half year, so now I can speak and listen English better than last year, but I still feel difficulty in using English, particularly in listening. Also, I'm shy and nervous.

If you find such person, feel free to talk to him. It's me. I may have a nameplate that is written "ujihisa".

As a speaker

I'll talk about Ruby's parser. The presentation will be not for a great Ruby hacker, but for an ordinary programmer.

If you are interested in my presentation, I highly recommend you to build the Ruby trunk in advance. It's easy but takes long time.

$ mkdir ~/rubies
$ svn co (ruby trunk)
$ cd (the directory)
$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/rubies
$ make
$ make install

As a Japanese

If you are interested in Japanese culture, feel free to ask me about it as well as about Ruby.

Contact

http://twitter.com/ujm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers