Blogged by Ujihisa. Standard methods of programming and thoughts including Clojure, Vim, LLVM, Haskell, Ruby and Mathematics written by a Japanese programmer. github/ujihisa

Thursday, October 8, 2009

RubyGems on Ruby 1.9

This blog post is a note of a report about the current RubyGems 1.3.5 on Ruby 1.9 for myself (including both 1.9.1 and 1.9.2) without any good reproductions or the solutions.

When I did rake192 spec on a directory which contains a Rakefile that uses jeweler, I met an enormous errors (The suffix means the Ruby version on my machine.) I've heard that anyhow gem192 uninstall update-rubygems can solve the problem, so I did it. But after that, the rake192 started to cause segfault!

The segfault is caused by a 1.9.2 marshal's bug which is already reported but not fixed yet. I gave up using 1.9.2, and then I decided to use 1.9.1 instead.

On 1.9.1 the results were exactly same except that it didn't cause a SEGV.

Downgrading RubyGems (failed!)

According to baroquebobcat,

$ gem uninstall rubygems-update
$ gem install -v x.x.x rubygems-update
$ sudo update_rubygems

does downgrade rubygems itself. So I did them with some trivial changes, but it failed again. The following is the result:

$ update_rubygems191
<internal:gem_prelude>:344:in `method_missing': undefined method `bin_path' for Gem:Module (NoMethodError)
        from /Users/ujihisa/rubies/bin/update_rubygems191:19:in `<main>'

hmm...

3 comments:

  1. Have you by any chance found a solution? I'm struggling with the same issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try updating your gems:

    sudo gem update
    sudo gem update --system

    Worked for me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers