I organized a Vim workshop in Tokyo, Japan. The name of the workshop was ujihisa.vim. More than 40 people tried to come but 20+ people attended at this workshop due to the capacity of the room.
I went to Tokyo for this workshop.
- shadow.vim with me
- all your vimrc is belong to us with kana1
- picks a victim, points a lot of bad smells in the vimrc of the victim, and fix them!
- if the length of your vimrc is less than 1000, you aren't a Vimmer yet.
syntax onis evil. use
- i18n with niw
strchars()doesn't treat multi-byte character correctly.
- tiny-vim with guyon
- about Debian package "tiny-vim"
- no built-in documentation!
- Vim in 5 minutes with Shougo
- neocomplcache, unite, vimshell and vimfiler author
- explained everything about Vim exactly within 5 minutes and extra minutes for further details
- vital.vim with me
- it's amazing. use it if you are a Vim plugin author.
- there's an issue in vital.vim about debugging with quickrun. (*)
- metarw-yakiudon with sora_h
- a metarw plugin yakiudon
- works almost exactly same as blogger.vim but the backend Ruby library is different
- after this presentation he talked about Ruby core development
Before and after the workshop some of the attendees had lunch and dinner with good Vim conversation. The topics were a lot.. vimshell, CoffeeScript, Titanium, HootSuite, Twitter, Ruby core, the ultimate programming language Zimbu, PHP vs Vim script, Emacs lisp and etc...
- "It's... it's not the Vim I knew..."
- "I came to Japan from San Francisco only for attending at this workshop"
- "Wow! HootSuite for iPad works amazingly!!!"